- Battle Group - like twice before in the then 9 year old's career, he refused to run with 39 setting off eventually without him.
- Twirling Magnet - maybe not cut out off the jumps of Aintree, Twirling Magnet fell at the first.
- Swing Bill - The mount of Conor O'Farrell outran his 66/1 odds, successfully negotiating the 4 and a half mile gruelling course, finishing in 9th place, but still 38 lengths behind winner Pineau De Re.
- Balthazar King - As one of only two Worcester winners, it was fantastic to see the Philip Hobbs trained runner put in a spectacular effort to finish runner-up, going down by 5 lengths.
So, a look at the Worcester runners who have been declared to take on the almighty challenge at 4.15pm tomorrow...
- Balthazar King (pictured below) - runner up last year, the now 11 year old has a perfect record around Worcester with victory in his only start on the 24th September 2010. He's very strongly fancied having bypassed the Cheltenham Festival this year, a general 10/1 shot at present.
- Dolatulo - Second at Worcester back in June 2013 over hurdles. A Group 3 winner on Boxing Day at Weatherby last year, the eight year old is stepping up considerably in trip though, having never tackled further than 3m 1f.
- Duke Of Lucca - (currently a reserve) This Philip Hobbs trained horse made his racecourse debut at Worcester, finishing runner up by 3/4 of a length back in October 2009.
- Ely Brown - A frequent runner here back in 2011, picking up an early season victory, followed by a third and fourth place finish later in the same season. At 100/1 he can be considered the outsider of the 40 strong field.
- Royale Knight - Like Balthazar King, holds a perfect record around Worcester, with victory on his only start, that came back in May 2013. The 9 year old is one of two horses in the race trained by last year's winning trainer, and locally based, Dr Richard Newland. At 33/1 currently there's a bit of money for this horse.
All at the racecourse wish Claines trainer Dr Newland all the best in going for the retention of the race with Pineau De Re. A Newland 1-2 with Balthazar King nabbing a place again would be an almost perfect result for what's set to be another fantastic race!